Poulet Violet Moutarde Chicken
We’re delighted to welcome back an classic Bistrot dish, loved by our customers for an exclusive Soirée Gastronomique evening. Join us on Tuesday 8th August and enjoy one of our best selling dishes once again.
Can’t make the date? Don’t worry, we’ve shared our top secret recipe, so you can make it in your own time, at your own home.
Ingredients (Violet Mustard):
250ml Red Wine
250g of Red of Black Grapes
125ml of Ruby Port
125g of Grain Mustard
65 of Dijon Mustard
Ingredients (Chicken dish):
1 Large Onion
5ml of Oil
1 Washed Leek
350ml of Chicken Stock
50ml of Double Cream
Method (Violet Mustard):
- Bring the wine, grapes and port to a boil in a medium saucepan. Boil until the liquid is almost gone and the mixture turns syrupy, 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Purée mixture in a blender, then pass through a fine sieve.
3. Set aside to cool.
4. Add the mustards and stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Method (to incorporate into chicken dish):
- Finely Dice the Onion and Leek and gently fry in hot oil and butter making sure not to colour the leeks and onions.
2. Add the chicken stock and Boil for 5 minutes.
4. In another pan, pan fry your chicken breast or chicken leg until cooked.
5. Add the cream and let the sauce reduce and thicken for another 5 minutes
6. Finally add the violet mustard and simmer for 10 minutes.