Bistrot Pierre 1994 Ltd (“we”, “us”, “our”) takes your privacy very seriously and we will comply with the UK’s Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any other applicable data protection legislation when processing your personal data.
If you hear from us, we will be contacting you about something relevant and appropriate to your stated interest in us. If at any time you don’t feel we’ve lived up to that philosophy, please let us know by getting in touch with us.
Please take the time to read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. As well as our physical locations, we operate a number of websites, (including websites for Bistrot Pierre, and for our pub The Bear, our pub and bed and breakfast, The Crescent Inn and for our bed and breakfast Rooms by Bistrot Pierre); we also provide our Club Bistrot Pierre mobile application (“App”) (our App and our websites together known as our “Sites”). By using our services or our Sites your personal data will be processed as described in this policy.
What information do we collect from you?
We may collect and process the following data about you when you fill in forms on any of our Sites, make reservations with us on our Sites, provide feedback on our Sites, register to use our Club Bistrot Pierre, download or register an App, subscribe to any of our services (including making a reservation online), search for a service, enter a competition promotion or survey (either on our Sites or at one of our locations), redeem an offer or promotion, where you report a problem with our App, our services or any of our Sites, or where you sign up to receive emails from us and/or updates about the development of Le Bistrot Pierre Limited or about upcoming events. The information you give us may include:
– First Name
– Full address
– Phone number (including the mobile phone number of the device on which you download our App)
– Email address
– Date of birth
– Username and password for your Club Bistrot Pierre account
– Gender (optional)
– Your local bistrot
– The amount you spend with us and what you purchase
– Booking information
Sometimes, we may also need to ask you directly for further details but will always have a reason for doing so, for example to make sure you’re eligible for our offers.
Special Category information
In limited circumstances, we may need to record special category information such as information about allergies you have informed us about. We treat this sensitive information with appropriate care and confidentiality.
Information we collect from your use of our Site
When you visit one of our Sites we may automatically collect the following information:
– technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, whereabouts you connected to our service, your internet service provider (ISP), and what type of device you are using to access our service;
– location information. We may use GPS technology, wi-fi or other location-based services on our App to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by changing the location settings on your device.
Why do we collect this information?
We process your personal information for the following reasons:
On the basis of our agreement with you in order to:
– process information at your request to take steps to enter into a contract;
– provide you with our products and services;
– respond to your queries and comments;
– process payments;
– make deliveries;
– maintain business and service continuity;
– provide you with a gift card;
– send service communications so that you receive a full and functional service and so we can perform our obligations to you. These may be sent by email or post or, if the circumstances require it, we may contact you by phone. These will include notifications about changes to our service; and
– administer the Club Bistrot Pierre loyalty scheme.
On the basis of your consent where we rely on your consent for processing this will be brought to your attention when the information is collected from you.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. See the What are your rights? section below for more information.
In our legitimate interests of providing the best service and improving and growing our business we will process information in order to:
– provide you with a personalised service;
– improve our products and services;
– keep our Site and systems safe and secure;
– carry out internal operations including troubleshooting, research, statistical and survey purposes;
– ensure that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
– understand our customer base and purchasing trends, including through the use of surveys and feedback, so we can provide everything you want from us;
– make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of any of our Sites about goods or services that may interest you or them;
– defend against or exercise legal claims and investigate complaints; and
– understand the effectiveness of our marketing.
We will carry out analytics to improve our products and services as set out above.
You have the right to object to processing carried out for our legitimate interests. See the What are your rights? section below for more information.
To comply with legal requirements relating to:
– the provision of products and services;
– data protection;
– health and safety;
– anti-money laundering;
– fraud investigations;
– assisting law enforcement; and
– any other legal obligations placed on us from time to time.
We may use your information in our legitimate interests to provide you with information about goods, services, updates, events, offers or promotions that we feel may interest you. We may contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) or by post with information about goods, services, updates, events, offers or promotions similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. We may also contact you where you have consented to receiving marketing from us.
We may use your information to send bespoke marketing communications to you so that you receive the most relevant information, for example we may use your address information to send you information and offers relating to your local bistrots or other Bistrot Pierre locations.
We may also use information collected from you in aggregated and anonymised form for the purposes of devising our marketing strategy. This data cannot be linked to you as an identifiable individual and so is no longer classed as personal data.
You have the right to object to processing carried out for our legitimate interests. See the What are your rights? section below for more information.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We won’t keep hold of your personal information for longer than is reasonably necessary for the purpose it was collected or as otherwise required by law.
For Club Bistrot Pierre customers we will keep information about you for a maximum of 25 months after your last interaction with us unless obligations to our regulators require otherwise or we are required remove such data from our records. For non-Club Bistrot Pierre customers this period is reduced to 12 months.
Who might we share your information with?
For the purposes set out in the ‘Why do we collect this information?’ section above, we will share your personal information with the following categories of third parties, some of whom we appoint to provide services, including:
– business partners, subsidiaries, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
– analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site;
– customer survey providers in order to receive feedback and improve our services;
– mailing companies for the purposes of sending our marketing communications to you;
– our IT service providers;
– providers of scanning services for the purposes of scanning personal data that you provide us with on paper;
– any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries.
Additionally, we will disclose your personal information to the relevant third party:
– in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
– if we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will not rent or sell your personal information to any other organisation or individual for their marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of third parties.
Where will we store your personal data?
At Bistrot Pierre 1994 Ltd, we take your safety and security very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal and financial information. All information kept by us is stored on our secure servers.
Personal data is held and maintained in a customer database located in the United Kingdom including details of which communications, if any, individuals have opted in to receive. Importantly, the database is kept up to date with any requests to delete, amend or access personal data logged, recorded and actioned. The database is primarily used to communicate to individuals on promotions, services and products where permission to do so has been obtained. In so doing, the option to unsubscribe from future email communication is provided.
In addition, data is sometimes aggregated for profiling purposes to help us better understand our customers and guide the style and content of our communications.
We do not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). If in future we do need to transfer your data outside the EEA, we will only do so if adequate protection measures are in place in compliance with data protection legislation and will update this policy with information on how you can access copies of the measures we put in place.
How will we make sure your personal data is secure?
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for the purposes it was collected.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services, Sage Pay or Elavon (depending on whether you are purchasing a gift card from us or making a booking with our bed & breakfasts, The Crescent Inn and Rooms by Bistrot Pierre) will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
What are your rights?
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
You have the following rights. You can exercise these rights at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at Data Request, Marketing Department, Le Bistrot Pierre, Milton Chambers, 19 Milton Street, Nottingham, NG1 3EU.
You have the right:
– to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes;
– to ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
– to ask us not to process your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes, where relevant, unless the processing is necessary in the public interest.
– to request from us access to personal information held about you;
– to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
– to ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate ground for processing, the data is unlawfully processed, the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation or the data is children’s data and was collected in relation to an offer of information society services;
– to ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing);
– to ask for data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means and the legal basis for processing is consent or contract.
Sometimes you may be asked to provide proof of identity before we exercise your personal data rights.
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us using the contact details above. In the event that you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
We use the following cookies:
– ci_session: This is an integral cookie used to handle “browsing sessions”. It does not collect any personal data and simply allows the application to send messages between sessions (so error messages on forms), and also helps with various security features on the site; and
– Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to help us collect and assess this information. Google Analytics stores information such as which pages you visit, how long you are on the Site, how you got here and what you click on. The information is anonymous and cannot be used to identify you. To opt out of Google Analytics cookies please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
Questions an comments are welcomed and should be addressed to Marketing Department, Bistrot Pierre 1994 Ltd, Milton Chambers, 19 Milton Street, Nottingham. NG1 3EU or email@example.com.
For the purposes of the applicable data protection legislation, the controller is Bistrot Pierre 1994 Ltd of Milton Chambers, 19 Milton Street, Nottingham, NG1 3EU.
Bistrot Pierre 1994 Ltd mobile application is owned and operated by Bistrot Pierre 1994 Ltd, who are the controller of all stored data.
PepperHQ Ltd operate as a processor of data for Bistrot Pierre App.
Information we collect about you through Bistrot Pierre App.
We collect information about you when you:
– register to use Bistrot Pierre App;
– attempt to check in to our stores;
– upload a profile photo
This information is collected, stored and processed under Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR, “processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract” i.e. We need this data for you to be able to use the App for its primary purposes.
Using your information
Collecting personal information in Bistrot Pierre App (name, email address, date of birth) helps us to better understand what you need from us.
We use your information to:
– improve the functionality and performance of Bistrot Pierre App;
– personalize our services to you;
– tell you about important changes to Bistrot Pierre App and related services, and
– manage promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires.
Your personal information is safe with us and will never be released to third party companies for marketing purposes.
Bistrot Pierre App captures your geographic location when you attempt to “check in” to one of our Bistrots. We do this to identify which Bistrot you are in or near to a to provide an enhanced visitor experience (for example, through digital loyalty cards). We will only capture this information with your consent. Bistrot Pierre App also captures basic usage metrics to help us identify any problems and to make improvements in the future. These metrics also help us understand how people use the App and how many people use the different functions within it.
Your contact details and personal information may be used to send direct marketing messages to you via your contact details provided. This is done only with your explicit consent, which can be withdrawn at any time from the MyAccount options within the app. You may refuse consent for marketing messages without detriment to any other areas of functionality within the app.
Information We Capture
You may prevent Bistrot Pierre 1994 Ltd App from accessing your devices location services, or turn off the location services of your Mobile Device. Doing so will impact the capability of Bistrot Pierre App and prevent you from enjoying an enhanced experience.
Data you share with us (Including information you give us when signing up, and information which is shared automatically, such as Device ID, and IP address)
We use this data to log you in to the Bistrot Pierre App and it helps us understand our customers better and present you with appropriate offers and promotions. Your data is stored in an encrypted database and transferred over a secure network connection. You decide which data you do and do not share with us. If you ask us to, we will update, correct or delete any data which you give to us.
Your profile photo
Your profile photo is used in store to verify your identity. If you ask us to, we will update, correct or delete your profile photo. However, you must have a profile photo if you wish to use Bistrot Pierre App to pay for your purchases in-store.
Your purchase history
We use your purchase history to provide personalized offers and analyse which products and rewards are most likely to interest you.
Data storage, protection and your right to access and erasure
Your data is stored in an encrypted database and transferred over secure network connections. We will store your information for as long as your account exists in the Bistrot Pierre App. If your user account is entirely inactive for a period of 12 months or more, we will delete your account. If you ask us to, or if you delete your account, we will delete the information linked to your account which can identify you personally, including your profile photo and personal details.
You may ask us, at any time, to provide to you confirmation that your data is being processed and access to your personal data. This will generally be provided within 7-21 working days.
Marketing and research
If you agree, we may contact you:
– with offers and information about Bistrot Pierre 1994 Ltd products or services.
– for customer research, e.g. to help improve our service.
You can ask us to stop contacting you for marketing and/or research purposes by following the instructions in any such communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosing your information
We will never disclose your information to anyone outside of Bistrot Pierre 1994 Ltd except:
– Where we have your consent
– Where we are required or permitted to do so by law
– To any successors in title to our business.
If we ever transfer your personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area we will ensure that appropriate security measures are taken.
Accessing your information
To obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, email us at email@example.com. Please confirm any details to help us identify and locate your information. If any of the details are incorrect, let us know and we will amend them.
Changes to our policy
This policy replaces all previous versions and is correct as of July 2023. We reserve the right to change the policy at any time.
If you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy Date: August 2023